SideBySide  63

In Event Viewer appears such message (maybe this message can help to resolve this problem):

Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sql server\120\Tools\Binn\managementstudio\CopyDatabaseWizard.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sql server\120\Tools\Binn\managementstudio\CopyDatabaseWizard.exe" on line 8. The value "1.0" of attribute "version" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

Source: SideBySide

Event ID: 63

December 5th, 2014 1:23pm

Hmm. Anybody have a suggestion for David?

Thanks!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 13th, 2014 9:50pm

Your information is not concrete are you just worrying because you saw event viewer and there was some message it in. Please tell us error, if any, you are facing have you ever used copy database wizard ?
December 13th, 2014 11:04pm

Good day David

As Shanky mentioned we need more information before we can recommend anything. right now we can not recommend anything! but only point some general information. we only know that there are logs about an error but we have no information of the source for this error. (1) Can you monitor what are you trying to do when you get this error? (2) what version and edition are you using?

Basically as much as I can see, this file CopyDatabaseWizard.exe, is used in several actions like: in upgrade installation, using the Copy Database wizard, etc. This is not a new file for SQL 2014, but there were issues with it in the CTP version as you can see here.

You can find the file in this locations for example depending on your Server version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE

** Several sites reports this file as Trojan horse virus. I have no knowledge regarding this! but as we have no information on the source of your log error, you should checks this as well.

check if this links help you:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/43ff2fe9-3112-4c0e-ba57-5a2d85a018ab/exception-has-been-thrown-by-the-target-on-an-invocation-during-installation-of-sql-2014-ctp2?forum=sqlsetupandupgrade

http://www.pc-troubleshootings.com/exe-file-error/copydatabasewizard.exe-fix-52848

December 14th, 2014 5:32am

hi,

i got the same problem after upgrade 2012 to sql 2014. event viewer shows the error start at 03:00 everyday, i check sql agent and windows task, there's no user definded task run at that time, and sql server error log got no error message. 

does it start with .net framework 4.0 task? how can i fix it?

thanks.

August 30th, 2015 10:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics